2019 Tournament Details
The Manitoba Bass Anglers will be hosting another ‘Big Bass Battle’ on Lake of the Woods on Sunday, August 25, 2017. It will be hosted at the Winnipeg Sport and Leisure (WSL) and Tall Pines Marina docks off of Hwy #17 (in Cameron Bay). There have been no significant changes in rules, regulations, prizes and payout structures for the current year. This event is set up to provide MBA members with an opportunity to earn points towards qualifying for the final MBA event of the season, the Tournament of Champions.
|Entry Fee:||Paid in full on or before August 7, 2019 – $25
Paid after August 7, 2019 – $30
Tournament is limited to MBA members only.
|Date:||Sunday, August 25, 2019|
|Time:||Official tournament hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration
and boat inspections will start at 7:00 a.m.
|Location:||Registration, inspections and weigh-in will tentatively take place at the Winnipeg Sport and Leisure (WSL) and Tall Pines Marina docks off of Hwy #17 (in Cameron Bay).Feel free to launch at any of the public boat launches in the area (i.e. Keewatin Arena, Norman Bay, Kenora Rec Centre (Safeway), Anicinabe Park, etc.) and boat to the WSL docks as there is no launching available at WSL.|
|Format/Rules:||The Big Bass Battle is a single person, single day, hourly weigh-in, live release bass tournament. The intention of the tournament is to weigh in as many big bass as possible throughout the day (max 1 fish per hour) to earn points toward qualifying for the end of season Tournament of Champions.
Tournament Rules & Details
– Only Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass legally caught on tournament day by angling qualify for weigh-in.
– Each participant may only weigh 1 fish per hour and may only have a maximum of 4 fish per contestant in their possession at any time (Ontario Regulations Apply)
– Fish presented for weigh-in must meet the minimum length according to Ontario Regulations (i.e. 12 inches).
– More than one person per boat is permitted (i.e. 2 or 3 people can be fishing from the same boat), however each individual is fishing as an individual with their own weight record.
-THE OFFICIAL WEIGH IN PERIODS WILL BE:
Period 1 – 8:00am – 9:00am / Period 2 – 9:01am – 10:00am / Period 3 – 10:01am – 11:00am / Period 4 – 11:01am – 12:00pm / Period 5 – 12:01pm – 1:00pm / Period 6 – 1:01pm – 2:00pm / Period 7 – 2:01pm – 3:00pm / Period 8 – 3:01 – 4:00 p.m.
– Tournament waters consist of Lake Of The Woods. Shoal Lake, starting at the marker buoys at Ash Rapids, Blindfold Lake and Longbow lake are out of bounds. Boats fishing out of bounds will be disqualified.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to Contact Us.